Friday, October 3, 2008

Badvertising for Jim Slattery

If I were a political candidate, I would not want my name associated with a lot of bare asses. But what do I know? I'm just an average viewer who, upon seeing Jim Slattery's TV spot for the first time, said, "EEEeeew."

The spot features rear views of a number of people going about their daily activities dressed in hospital gowns that are ... revealing of certain areas of the body we usually like to keep secret from others, aside from our loved ones. The idea being that Sen. Pat Roberts, our current representative in Washington, has left Kansas "uncovered" by health care. OK, I get it. But how come these people aren't even trying to cover their derrieres? Are they unaware their asses are blowing in the wind?

Jim said the other night that the new spot would "get some attention." But boy, howdy. Is it the right sort of attention? I don't think so.

To be clear, I am FOR Slattery. Pat Roberts has done a lot of harm during his tenure as U.S. Senator from Kansas. And in my opinion, if anybody should be associated with asses, it's Pat Roberts. But this spot is not going to help get rid of him. Unfortunately.

No comments: